An industry standard for copper tubing defined by the tube wall thickness and identified by a “blue” strip. type “l” copper tube wall is approximately 50 percent greater thickness than type “m”.
|auger (or closet auger)|
A bendable rod with curved end used by plumbers to remove clogs from a toilet’s trap.
A breakage of the metal caused by the bending and flexing or the expansion and contraction of a metal part beyond its endurance limit.
A check valve controlling inlet water flow to a boiler.
|low consumption toilet|
A class of toilet designed to flush using 1.6 gallons of water or less. also known as “water-saving” toilets.
A colorless, flammable gas made by combining liquefied petroleum gas with methylacetylene-propadiene. it is a stable, non-toxic fuel used in brazing and soldering.
A connector for no-hub iron pipe consisting of a rubber sleeve and a stainless steel band secured by hose clamps. a variation, a neoprene sleeve with two adjustable steel bands, is used for connec...
A curved waste pipe fitting under a toilet that connects the closet flange to the drain.
- A device for separating grease and oil from drainage systems.
- A device to trap, remove, or separate deleterious, hazardous,...
|water hammer arrestor|
A device installed near a fixture to absorb the hydraulic shock that happens when a fixture’s supply is suddenly shut off, causing water hammer, a loud banging noise in the pipes.
- A device that prevents wastewater and other contaminants from flowing into the potable water supply. generally required for sprinkler systems, hand-held showers installed in bathtubs, faucets ...
|back flow preventer|
A device to prevent back flow, especially into a potable water supply. required for sprinkler systems, handheld showers, pullout faucet spouts, and kitchen sprayers.
A dough-like putty that seals joints between fixture surfaces and metal pieces, such as the drain.
A drain fitting that allows one pipe to be joined to another at a 45-degree angle. y-fitting.;
A drain-cleaning device consisting of a rubber bladder with a hose fitting on one end and a nozzle on the other. the device attaches to a water hose and is inserted into a clogged drainpipe. as wa...
- A faucet valve that redirects water from the tub faucet to the shower head.
- Отклоняющий щиток; отводящее устройство
- A valve (sometimes motorized) at a junction of a pipe ...
A fitting that allows another pipe to be joined at a 90-degree angle.
A floating device connected to the ballcock inside the toilet tank to activate or shut off the ballcock.
A kind of tubing or pipe connection where a nut and a sleeve or ferrule is placed over a copper or plastic tube and is compressed tightly around the tube as the nut is tightened forming a positive... фитинг, уплотняемый вручную;
A leeching or seeping field engineered to receive septic tank effluent. поле фильтрации;
soldar, soldadura; зельдера;
- A metal alloy that is melted to create a fused joint between metal pieces. also the act of melting solder into the joint.
- A metallic bonding method using metal filler melting two pi...
A metric unit for pressure. 100 kpa = one atmosphere.
A pipe system that drains wastewater from the bathroom and vents the drain system.
- A pipe that both drains wastewater and vents air into the drains. connects two or more fixtures.
- A pipe, usually oversized, which functions both as a fixture branch and as a vent, e...
A plug in a trap or drain pipe that provides access for the purpose of clearing an obstruction.
|air admittance valve|
A plumbing device that replaces a traditional vent to allow air to enter the pipe and equalize pressure, preserving the seal of water in the fixture trap.
- A plumbing fixture similar in appearance to a toilet bowl used for personal hygiene. it is floor mounted, usually next to a toilet, and consists of a washing basin, faucet and sprayer.
A ring that anchors the toilet to the floor and connects it to the closet bend. also known as a floor flange.
imp; импеллер; лопастное колесо; крыльчатка,; крыльчатка;
- A rotating wheel with vanes found inside a centrifugal pump. as it spins at high speed it draws fluids in and thrusts them under pressure to the discharge outlet.
- Крыльчатка, рабоче...
A rubber fitting that uses steel band clamps to attach to the pipe ends. mostly used to join sections of dwv pipe, but also connects pvc to clay or cast iron pipe.
plumber’s friend.; пуансона; скалка;
- A rubber suction cup approx 6? in diameter attached to a wooden dowel handle used to free drain clogs. also known as a “plumber’s helper”.
- The part of a hypodermic syringe which sli...
A seal located between floor flange and toilet to prevent leakage and fumes.
|pressure balance valve|
A shower valve that monitors fluctuations in pressure to maintain balance between hot and cold water so that temperature remains constant.
- A spherical assembly in shower heads that allows the head to pivot and rotate.
- Шаровое шарнирное соединение (водоотделяющей колонны
- A joint in which one part has a ballsh...
- A tank used to detain domestic wastes to allow the settling of solids prior to distribution. septic tanks are used when a sewer line is not available to carry them to a treatment plant.
септиктенк; foso séptico;
A thin, flexible length of spiral-wound metal, which is inserted into a drain and rotated to clear anything that is clogged in the pipes.
|gravity operated toilet|
A toilet which relies on the natural downward pressure of water in a toilet tank to flush the toilet effectively.
A torch used by plumbers to solder pipes, activated by pressurized fuel and air to generate its flame.
- A tube inside the water heater that sends cold water to the bottom of the tank.
- A tube made of high-temperature plastic inserted into the tank through the cold water inlet on top of...
A valve designed to prevent extreme water temperature changes through pressure balance technology. when there is a drop in hot or cold water pressure, the scald-guard valve shifts back and forth b...
A valve in the tank of a gravity-operated toilet that controls refilling of the tank. it is connected to a float via a metal arm. after flushing, the toilet refills until the float rises high enou...
|ball check valve|
A valve that uses a ball to seal against a seat to stop flow in one direction.
A water heater valve that controls water flow and balances heat distribution to different locations.
An industry standard for copper tubing defined by the tube wall thickness. identified by a “red” stripe.
An outdoor faucet, also used to supply washing machines.
fix; conclusion of shipbrokers negotiations to charter a ship - an agreement; проведение переговоров брокером для сдачи судна по чартеру - подписание договора; зажимное приспособ;
- Anything that accepts or discharges water or wastewater
- Стапель, стенд; приспособление
- Conclusion of shipbrokers negotiations to charter a ship - an agreement
|flow control valve|
заслонка регулирующая; поплавковый клапан;
- Device designed to reduce water flow to a plumbing fixture. often used to improve efficiency and reduce operating costs.
- Device designed to reduce water flow (gpm) to a plumbing fix...
- Natural water containing impurities in various proportions. traditional hardness is a measure of calcium, minerals or dissolved solids in a solution, measured in parts per million. hard water ...
Not containing iron.
On a bath drain, the decorative hood concealing the overflow.