|3-axis mounting bracket / 3-axis gimbal|
Cameras that feature a 3-axis mounting bracket (bullet cameras) or 3-axis gimbal (dome cameras) allow you to mount the camera virtually anywhere (wall or ceiling) and position the camera at any an...
|3d digital noise reduction (3d-dnr)|
3d-dnr incorporates frame-to-frame noise reduction with spatial noise reduction to produce clear video images with less noise, in low light conditions. noise reduction is critical for video becaus...
|960h image sensor|
View and record high-resolution video. a security camera with a 960h image sensor works with a 960h dvr to deliver a 33% larger image and provide sharper, more detailed video than standard dvrs wh...
Usually refers to analog to digital conversion.
- A term from optics that refers to anything affecting the fidelity of the image in regards
- A term from optics that refers to anything affecting the fidelity of the image in regards t...
Alternating current and direct current.
|access control (physical)|
The selective restriction of physical access to a physical location or other resource.
|adaptive contrast enhancement (ace)|
Ace works to increase contrast locally, and brings out image details to produce crisp, highly-detailed images.
|alphanumeric video generator (also text inserter)|
- A device for providing additional
- A device for providing additional information, normally superimposed on the picture being displayed; this can range from one or two characters to f...
- A procedure employed to eliminate or reduce (by smoothing and filtering) the
- The process of reducing stair-stepping by smoothing edges where individual pixels are visible.
The term “tailgating” refers to instances when one person swipes their access card and another person or vehicle “tailgates” them on the entry. anti-tailgating is an access control security measur...
- the opening of the cctv lens. the size of which is controlled by the iris and is measured in f numbers. generally, the lower the f number, the larger the aperture is and consequently more light ...
- (апертура) отверстие объектива, которое регулируется диафрагмой и определяющее количество света, которое попадает на видеокамеру.
- (апертура) - отверстие объектива, которое регулируе...
- A photometric unit for measuring luminance where, instead of candelas, lumens are
- A photometric unit for measuring luminance where, instead of candelas, lumens are used to measure t...
conservación de archivo (normas);
- Long-term off-line storage. in digital systems, pictures are generally archived onto
- A collection of data in long-term storage.
- Long-term off-line storage. in digital sys...
- The uneven foreground and background blur that is in an image.
- A lens aberration that causes off-axis light bundles to focus to an elliptical, rather than circular, spot. astigmatismo; астигматизм;
- Advanced television system committee (think of it as a modern ntsc). an american
- Advanced television systems committee.
- Advanced television system committee (think of it ...
at; atten; attn; аттенюатор; sound . atterberg limits in plastic soils, the water contents (determined by standard tests) which define the boundaries between the different states of consistency of plastic soils. also; atenuante; ослабитель;
- A circuit that provides reduction of the amplitude of an electrical signal without
- Ослабитель (сигнала); подавитель (колебаний); магазин затухания а/т auto throttle автомат тяги
|auto back focus|
The camera automatically and seamlessly allows users to adjust focus of images, enabling quick and easy installation.
Security cameras with auto iris, have the ability to compensate for large variations in light levels. this is useful for security cameras that need to adjust for changes from bright sunlight to da...
|auto iris lens|
A lens with an electronically controlled iris, allowing the lens to maintain one light level throughout varying light conditions.
|auto light range|
The range of light, e.g., sunlight to moonlight, over which a tv camera is capable of automatically operating at specified output.
Объективы с автоматически управляемой диафрагмой. электронное управление позволяет объективам поддерживать постоянный уровень света в меняющихся условиях освещенности.
An arrangement whereby the frequency of an oscillator is automatically maintained within specified limits.
|automatic gain control (agc)|
A function on the camera (and many electronics) that automatically balances the gain, or volume, of the signal, with the ability to raise the volume if it is too low and lower it if too high.
|automatic iris lens|
A lens that automatically adjusts the amount of light reaching the imager.
- Bi-directionally predictive coded picture; an mpeg term for a picture that is coded
- Bi-directionally predictive coded picture; an mpeg term for a picture that is coded using motion ...
|back light compensation|
This is a feature of security cameras that automatically adjusts the image to compensate for bright light to give more detail on the darker areas of the image. for example, use is to focus on the ...
señal de vídeo .;
- That portion of the composite picture signal which lies between the trailing edge of the horizontal sync pulse and the trailing edge of the corresponding blanking pulse.
- 1. the port...
|bar test pattern|
Special test pattern for adjusting color tv receivers or color encoders. the upper portion consists of vertical bars of saturated colors and white. the power horizontal bars have black and white a...
Sony’s domestic video recording format, a competitor of vhs.
- A pixel-by-pixel description of an image. each pixel is a separate element. also
- A pixel-by-pixel description of an image. each pixel is a separate element. also a computer file for...
- A composite color video signal. the signal has composite sync,
- A composite color video signal. the signal has composite sync, reference burst and a black video signal, which is usua...
nivel de borrado .; nivel de supresión (del haz) .;
- The beginning of the video signal information in the signal’s waveform. it resides
- The level of the front and back porches of the composite video signal.
- The beginning of...
|blc (back light compensation)|
- A feature of modern ccd cameras, which electronically compensates for high background lighting, to give details that would normally be silhouetted.
- Компенсация задней засветки. функ...
bloom, 4. blow 1.; выпотевание;
- The defocusing of regions of the picture where the brightness is at an excessive level, due to enlargement of spot size and halation of the fluorescent screen of the cathode-ray picture tube. ...
|bnc (bayonet connector)|
Тип разъема для соединения коаксиального кабеля в системах видеонаблюдения.
Bnc is a connector for coaxial cable that is most commonly used for cctv installations. conector bnc;
Also called burn. an image which persists in a fixed position in the output signal of a camera tube after the camera has been turned to a different scene or, on a monitor screen.
|burst (color burst)|
- Seven to nine cycles (ntsc) or ten cycles (pal) of sub-carrier placed near
- Seven to nine cycles (ntsc) or ten cycles (pal) of sub-carrier placed near the end of horizontal blanking ...
A television camera lens mount of the 16 mm format, 1 inch in diameter with 32 threads per inch.
- A range of microwave frequencies, 3.7~4.2 ghz, commonly used for satellite
- A category of satellite transmissions which transmit from earth at 4.0 to 6.0 ghz and receive from the sat...
- The process of altering the frequency response of a video amplifier to
- The process of altering the frequency response of a video amplifier to compensate for high frequency losses in...
- A unit for measuring luminous intensity. one candela is approximately equal to
- A unit for measuring luminous intensity. one candela is approximately equal to the amount of light ene...
A twisted pair type of cable used for network cabling and access control data functions.
The proportion of the total area of a ccd chip that is photosensitive.
|ccd charge coupled device|
Charge coupled device, ccd, is one of the two main types of image sensors used in security cameras. when a video is recorded, the ccd is struck by light coming through the camera`s lens. each of t...