|a format designed by the|
Joint photographic experts group joint photographic experts group;
|additive system of photographic exposure|
Additive system of photographic exposure. a system to aid calculation of correct exposures, developed in the 1960s. some aspects are included in exif. apex;
|advanced distance integration|
Advanced distance integration (minolta, konica minolta, sony brands). a technology to take distance information into account in combination with ttl flash metering. adi;
|ae-l or ael|
automatic exposure lock;
- Automatic exposure lock
- Automatic exposure lock. technology for holding an exposure setting from one scene to another.
|af-l or afl|
- Autofocus lock
- Autofocus lock. locks a particular focus setting, preventing refocusing if the scene changes.
Antishake (minolta, konica minolta brands). see is in general usage. as;
- Aperture priority mode (nikon, minolta, konica minolta, sony, olympus, sigma brands), same as av mode.
- A metering mode in which the photographer sets the desired lens aperture (f-st...
Aperture value. aperture priority automatic exposure mode, where the photographer sets the lens f-stop and the ae firmware sets the shutter speed. av;
- Autofocus. the lens is focused automatically by means of the camera’s hardware and firmware, to obtain optimum sharpness of an image.
- The camera lens focuses automatically, usually ...
Autofocus lock. locks a particular focus setting, preventing refocusing if the scene changes. af-l or afl;
- Automatic exposure. hardware and software (“firmware”), built into the camera, measures luminance of the subject and automatically sets shutter speed, lens aperture or sensitivity, this also a...
|automatic exposure lock|
Automatic exposure lock. technology for holding an exposure setting from one scene to another. ae-l or ael;
broad band anti reflection;
- Broad band anti reflection
- Broad band anti reflection (tamron brand). anti-reflection multi-coating of lenses to reduce transmission losses.
|broad band anti reflection|
Broad band anti reflection (tamron brand). anti-reflection multi-coating of lenses to reduce transmission losses. bbar;
Camera left. similar cr is camera right, slang in photography groups cl;
Catch-in-focus. a technique for allowing a camera to be pre-focussed to a defined spot, and the exposure is only made when a subject is in focus at that spot. also called trap focus. cif;
|chromatic aberration or|
Transverse (lateral) tca;
|circular polarizing filter|
Circular polarizing filter. cp, cpl, or cpol;
cmyk color model; cyan-magenta-yellow-black;
- Cmyk color model
- A color encoding system used by printers in which colors are expressed by the
- Letters which stand for cyan, magenta,...
|cmyk color model|
Cmyk color model. a subtractive process for colour printing that utilises cyan, magenta, yellow and black inks to create any printable colour. it is possible to omit black ink, in which case the p... cmyk;
|compact system camera|
Compact system camera. mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera, smaller than a digital single-lens reflex camera. csc;
- Compact system camera
- Common signaling channel
- Car-seal closed (piping)
- Communications satellite corporation
- Computer sciences corporation
compact system camera; common signaling channel; опломбирован в закрытом состоянии (трубопровод); car-seal closed (piping); communications satellite corporation; computer sciences corporation; cost shearing contract; course and speed calculator; commercial space center (nasa); coastal services center (noaa); california surveying corporation;
|design rule for camera file system|
Design rule for camera file system. a digital camera file system standard; jeita number cp-3461. dcf;
|deutsches institut fur normung|
Deutsches institut fur normung. a logarithmic system for expressing film speed in common use in europe since 1934. now combined with the asa linear system, in the form of the iso system. din;
- Digital negative, an open raw image format promoted by adobe and used by some camera manufacturers (f.e. leica, samsung, ricoh and pentax). developed from the tiff/ep digital image file format...
|digital single-lens reflex camera|
Digital single-lens reflex camera; also dslr. dslr;
|dof or dof|
depth of field;
- Depth of field
- Depth of field. a measure of the permissible distance within which an object remains in acceptable, though not perfect, focus. calculations of dof assume that an impe...
digital single-lens reflex camera;
- Digital single-lens reflex camera
- Digital single-lens reflex camera; also dslr.
- Digital slr camera. interchangeable lens digital camera. manufacturers include canon, fuji...
Electromagnetic diaphragm (canon brand). a more accurate and faster method of actuating a lens diaphragm. emd;
|electronic viewfinder interchangeable lens camera|
Electronic viewfinder interchangeable lens camera. see also milc, mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera. evil;
exposure value; end event; every;
- Exposure value
- End event
- Exposure value. a system for indicating correct exposure in which the shutter speed and f-number are related arithmetically.
|exchangeable image file format|
Exchangeable image file format. a standard format for tag data in digital camera files. exif;
exchangeable image file format; extensible image file format;
- Exchangeable image file format
- Extensible image file format
- Exchangeable image file format. a standard format for tag data in digital camera files.
Exposure value. a system for indicating correct exposure in which the shutter speed and f-number are related arithmetically. ev;
|extra low dispersion glass|
Extra low dispersion glass. used in composite lenses to reduce chromatic aberration. one of a class of special glasses, including anomalous dispersion (ad), special low dispersion (sld) and extrao... ed;
|focal plane array|
Focal plane array. a matrix of sensors positioned in the focal plane of a lens or other focusing device. fpa;
|frames per second|
fps; fotogramas por segundo; imágenes por segundo;
- Frames per second. used in reference to maximum continuous shooting rate or video.
- Кадров в секунду
Full frame, where the image sensor is approximately the same size as a 35 mm film negative: 36 ? 24 mm. ff; braced frame.;
|gnu image manipulation program|
Gnu image manipulation program. open-source software for editing digital images. distributed free of charge. gimp;
|graduated neutral density|
Graduated neutral density. a type of neutral density filter in which brightness is reduced more on one side of the filter than on the other, allowing the photographer to reduce the contrast betwee... gnd;
- Guide number. a value indicating the power of an electronic flash apparatus, and used to estimate exposure. gn = distance ? f-number. one needs to specify the film or sensor iso speed, and it ...