The insulating value of any material. also known as conductivity.
- A piston type metering device that feeds the proper amount of liquid refrigerant into the evaporator.
- A piston type-metering device that feeds the proper amount of liquid refrigeran...
- The amount of air required to completely replace the air in a room or building; not to be confused with re-circulated air.
- Unlike re-circulated air, this is the total air required t...
- A device or system which delivers simultaneous control of air temperature, relative humidity, purity, and motion.
- Equipment that simultaneously controls air temperature, relative hu...
воздухораспределитель; диффузор воздуха распределитель;
- An air distribution outlet or grille designed to direct airflow into desired patterns.
- An air distribution outlet or grille that directs airflow into desired patterns
- An ...
устройство для обработки воздуха;
- The portion of the central air conditioning or heat pump system that forces heated or cooled air through your home’s ductwork. in some systems a furnace handles this function. also known as a ...
A type of air conditioning system that uses freon as a refrigerant and air as a condensing medium. a fan discharges heat from the condenser coil to the outdoors. typically, the air-cooled condense...
air-conditioning and refrigerating; aileron-rudder interconnect; airborne radio installation; army research institute;
- Stands for air-conditioning and refrigeration institute, a non-profit, voluntary organization comprised of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration manufacturers. ari publishes quality stan...
A control package that allows you to automatically switch from a primary air conditioning system to a backup in the event of the primary system’s failure. автоматическое переключение;
точка (температура) кипения; точка кипения;
- The temperature at which the addition of any heat will begin a change of state from a liquid to a vapor.
- The boiling point refers to the temperature at which a liquid changes to vap...
|central air conditioner system|
- System in which air is treated at a central location and carried to and from the rooms by one or more fans and a system of ducts.
- Where air is treated at a central location and carr...
- A type of compressor used in vapor compression refrigeration cycles where a rotating impeller is the device which compresses the refrigerant vapor. the vapor is drawn into the impeller axially...
|comfort air conditioning|
An a/c system designed for the comfort of people, not the protection of computer-based electrical systems. computers and other high-tech equipment usually require an extremely low humidity environ...
The temperature at which the removal of any heat will begin a change of state from a vapor to a liquid.
line; трубопровод конденсатора; cond; конденсатор; помутнение стекла;
- A device that transfers unwanted heat out of a refrigeration system to a medium that absorbs the heat and transfers it to a disposal point. there are three types of condensers: air-cooled cond...
- A series of tubes filled with refrigerant, normally located outside the home that removes heat from the hot, gaseous refrigerant so that it becomes liquid again.
- A series of tubes f...
- A measure of the ability of a unit to remove heat from an enclosed space.
- A measure of the amount of heat that can be removed from a building (or section thereof) in one hour.
- The reduction and removal of water vapor in air by cooling the air below the dew point.
- The reduction of water vapor by cooling the air below the dew point, as well as the removal o...
|direct expansion systems|
One of two types of basic cooling media (the other is chilled water). direct expansion systems utilize freon for cooling and dehumidification. the three most common methods of heat rejection are a...
|downflow air conditioner|
A type of precision air conditioning system that discharges air downward, directly beneath a raised floor. commonly found in computer rooms and modern office spaces.
|electronic air cleaner|
An electronic device that filters out large particles and contaminants in indoor air.
The back-up heat built into a heat pump system. also known as supplemental or auxiliary heat.
|energy saver switch|
A switch that causes an air conditioner’s fan and compressor to cycle on and off together, reducing energy consumption.
A government program that helps businesses and individuals protect the environment through superior energy efficiency. products earn the energy star rating by meeting strict anti-pollution and ene...
An indoor component of an air conditioner or heat pump system, used in place of a furnace and evaporator coil, to provide change the refrigerant from a gas to a liquid (or vice-versa) and blow air...
|free cooling system|
A water- or glycol-cooled system with an additional coil that provides chilled water-cooling when the outdoor ambient temperature is cold, thereby reducing or eliminating compressor operation. pro...
- A general term used to identify, any of a group of partially or completely halogenated simple hydrocarbons containing fluorine, chlorine or bromine, which are used as refrigerants. r-22 is the...
A type of air conditioning system that uses freon as a refrigerant and a water/glycol solution as a condensing medium. typically, the glycol-cooled condenser is located inside the air conditioner ...
Water from an underground well is being used as the heat source or heat sink for a heat pump.
|hybrid heat system|
A fuel-saving alternative to traditional heating and cooling systems that combines a furnace with a heat pump. a hybrid heat system reacts to changing temperatures and automatically adjusts to the...
- This is usually located inside the house and contains the indoor coil, fan, motor, and filtering device, sometimes called the air handler.
- Usually located inside the house, it house...
|integrally controlled motor|
A variable-speed motor that operates at low rpm when possible for maximum efficiency and quiet operation. icm motors are more than 90% efficient versus 60% efficiency for conventional motors.
Valves used for the transfer and isolation of refrigerant charge in the cooler or condenser, allowing refrigerant to be stored inside a chiller during servicing.
A common unit of electrical consumption measured by the total energy created by one kilowatt in one hour.
- A series of measurements and studies used to analyze and determine the heating or cooling requirements of your home so that properly sized air conditioning and heating equipment may be install...
A type of furnace configuration in which the furnace is lower in height and occupies more floor space.
- A heating and cooling system comprised of products that have been certified to perform at promised comfort and efficiency levels when used together, and used according to design and engineerin...
ист. г. мерв (в средней азии, туркменская сср, ссср);
- Stands for minimum efficiency reporting value. a measurement of air filter’s ability to remove particles from 3 to 10 microns in size. the merv scale ranges from 1 (least efficient) to 16 (mos...
A air conditioning control system that uses computer logic to maintain precise control of temperature and humidity and to monitor the unit’s operation.
|outdoor coil/condensing unit|
The portion of a heat pump or central air conditioning system that is located outside the home and functions as a heat transfer point for collecting heat from and dispelling heat to the outside ai...
A self-contained heating and/or air conditioning system which has all components located in one cabinet. it is placed outside the home – on the ground, on the roof, or sometimes mounted through th...
- An overall measure of the efficiency and value of your home comfort system. by combining your purchase price and ongoing operating costs, a payback analysis determines the number of years requ...
- A device which removes air and water vapor from the refrigerant inside a chiller.
- A device, which removes air and water vapor from the refrigerant inside a chiller.
An environmentally sound refrigerant designed not to harm the earth’s ozone layer. federal law requires that all manufacturers phase out ozone-depleting refrigerants in the next few years. puron r...
An ozone-depleting, hydro chlorofluorocarbon (hcfc) refrigerant that has been the refrigerant of choice for residential heat pump and air-conditioning systems for decades. because of its potential...
rc; поршневой компрессор;
- A type of compressor used in air conditioners that compresses refrigerant through a piston action.
- Поршневой компрессор
The removing, cleaning and reusing of refrigerant. лит. рецикличность; reciclaje;
- Two copper lines that connect an air conditioning system’s condenser coil (the outdoor unit) to the evaporator coil (the indoor unit).
- Set of two copper lines connecting the outdoor...
- A device in a heat pump that reverses the flow of refrigerant as the system is switched from cooling to heating.
- A device in a heat pump that reverses the flow of refrigerant as the...
A specially designed compressor that works in a circular motion vs. an up and down piston action.